Thursday, July 16, 2009

50 Volt Line Transformers

To move audio from studio to transmitter without having the requirement of screened cable I use a 50 volt line transformer.
You need:-
All the part numbers (and photos) are from Jaycar Electronics.

1 x KC5152 Champ audio amp kit
Champ Audio Amp
2 x MM1900 Line transformers
Line Transformer

Feed the audio into the amplifier and then into the secondary of one transformer. The primary of the transformer feeds over the long cable to the primary of the second transformer. It then gets stepped down to line level at the destination.

Don't touch the wires between the 2 transformers. There could be as much as 50 volts AC!

No comments: